Wednesday, May 18, 2005

TV: "Cheaters"

Is there a sleazier TV show than "Cheaters"? I feel dirty after watching it. A viewer contacts the show with suspicions that their significant other is being unfaithful. Show puts the s.o. under surveillance, tapes them cheating. Viewer and host (Joey Greco) confront the cheater with video evidence. Arguments and shoving matches ensue. I love the air of moral superiority that Greco puts on, like he's Mike Wallace battling a business fraudster.

I didn't know that Greco is the second "Cheaters" host. I did see the episode where he was allegedly stabbed.

The show is based in the Dallas area, so we've got that going for us. Last week, the show helped a guy violate a protective order taken out by his ex-wife. The producer is quoted by the Star-Telegram as saying, "I don't feel bad about it, but I wish I had known." But he later admitted to knowing about the two pending assault charges against the ex-husband. Just to up the sleaze factor, the show taped the ex-wife with a FW police officer in a city vehicle.

No comments: