Monday, May 02, 2005

The Simpsons: Rory Calhoun

TMC is having a Rory Calhoun mini-festival tonight, under the title "Rory Stories". I'd never heard of him before the Simpsons "Two Dozen & One Greyhounds" episode and this priceless exchange:


   Burns: There you are...there you go, little fellow...and you. [one of the puppies stands on its hind legs] [gasps] Smithers, look: he's standing up. I've never seen anything so adorable! Do you know who it reminds me of?
Smithers: Benji?
   Burns: No.
Smithers: Lassie?
   Burns: No, no, no, a person. You know who I mean.
Smithers: Snoop Doggy Dogg? Bob Barker? David Brenner?
   Burns: No, no! The person who's always standing and walking.
Smithers: Rory Calhoun?
   Burns: That's it!

I'll tune in tonight to see if he really does stand and walk.

No comments: