Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Music: My Morning Jacket


  • The new My Morning Jacket CD, "Z", is only $7.99 at Best Buy this week. Come on, $7.99 - how can you go wrong?
  • Opening track "Wordless Chorus" has a dub vibe without quite being reggae. Very summery.
  • Most memorable lyrics on "Z"? "A good showerhead and my right hand. The two best lovers that I ever had."
  • This is the sound of a band having fun. Is that the "Hawaii 5-0" theme creeping into "Off The Record"?
  • Robb advises that MMJ's concert at Washington DC's 9:30 Club will be streamed live by npr.org on October 10th.
  • Chromewaves is also talking about My Morning Jacket today.
  • Here's how to make a Sextant from a CD.
  • And, finally, my rant. Those stupid stickers along the top edge of CDs. Anti-theft, presumably. Allow easy browsing in record store. That's fine. But why do they have to use such gummy glue? It seems to be getting worse. Three of my recent purchases ("Z", Neil Young's "Prairie Wind", the Dandy Warhols' "Odditorium") have left most of the glue on the CD case. I'll never chastise my illegal-music-downloading friends again. Sock it to The Man, my brother. They don't care about us.

No comments: